We are a creative communications agency - a talented team of strategists, writers, designers, marketers and producers.
Who We Are
Firedog Communications is a fully integrated marketing communications agency. We combine art and science to create experiences that spark conversations and fuel action.
Founded in 2003, Firedog Communications is an award-winning Canadian company located in Thunder Bay's downtown Waterfront District.Learn more
What We Do
Our in-house professionals offer traditional and digital expertise in the following core categories:
- Strategy & Planning
- Brand Creation & Graphic Design
- Corporate Communications & Public Relations
- Marketing & Events
- Web & Digital
Posted by admin on September 7, 2017
Salary: Based on Experience
Start Date: Immediate
Are you obsessed with logos, ads, and layouts? Do you know how to use ideas, images, typography and creative composition to shape brands? Are you down-to-earth and a quick-thinking team player? If so, we want to meet you.
This role is for a graphic design professional. As part of a creative communications team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the design and production of print and digital materials.
- Creatively conceptualize content for diverse target audiences
- Design print and digital materials
- Coordinate the production and scheduling of print and digital materials ensuring internal approvals are secured and deadlines and budgets are met
- Manage external design and print vendors and preparation of art files
- Manage brand guidelines and maintain brand standards
- Research and leverage emerging trends in design and technology
Firedog Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Passionate, extremely approachable and sociable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Patient, reliable, punctual and respectful.
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- 3+ years of graphic design experience
- Bachelor degree/diploma in graphic design or similar
- Experience in creative design of marketing materials
- Experience in campaign development and tactical execution
- High degree of proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in design for digital platforms
- Knowledge of traditional print practices including layout, typography and colour
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
If selected for an interview you will be asked to bring a portfolio of your design work.